Monday, November 17, 2008

Facing the cold

Last week I really needed to get out, and so did the dog. We decided to face the cold, which meant bundling up Addelynn in her snow suit. She looked like a huge blob and barely fit in her car seat. Now I know why they tell you to put blankets over your child when fastened in the car seat instead of wearing a snow suit. But we were just riding in the stroller to the park, so it was okay. She was so toasty warm when we got back inside that I think it would be fine to do again.

She has been much more expressive recently. Mark even said that she is crossing that threshold of being interactive enough that he is really enjoying her. He said before his goal was just to hold her and keep her quiet. On Saturday she smiled at both of us. For a while it's been questionable if she was smiling or not, but on Saturday it was for sure. I thought maybe I could get her to smile for the camera today, but you will see that didn't exactly work out so well. At least you can see some expressions, just not the ones I wanted.



We're excited to travel back to Berne in a week so she can meet more of her family. I must admit that I am nervous about having her in a car seat for 12 hours. I don't know how she'll do with that.

No comments: