Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Conversation

Well, since our recent pictures are still not loaded on the computer, writing will have to do to update the blog.  It's been a while, but life returning to Minnesota has been a whirlwind...still is.  Something had to go and the computer won the "to go" title.  However today both girls are still sleeping almost two hours later and I have a free moment in which I can choose the computer.  Funny things and conversations have been happening.  Here are a few:

Adde:  Mommy, Eleanor is my husband.
Me:  Why do you think that?
Adde:  Because she's my friend too. (Hmmm...has she picked up on the fact that daddy is mommy's husband and friend or does she have NO CLUE what she is saying?)


We're at the doctor's office for Eleanor's 4 month appointment this week.  Adde is along.  She sings the ABCs, but at the end says "next time won't you sing with Dr. Olson" while Dr. Olson is in the room.  Dr. Olson converses with her a little more.
Dr. Olson:  What is your sister's name Adde?
Adde:  Eleanor Jane.
Dr. Olson:  Is that what you call her, or do you call her something else?
Adde:  I call her Jelly.  (First time I've heard this.)
Dr. Olson also proceeded to tell me that Eleanor's main safety concerns were rolling over and Adde:)


Eleanor went from 10:30 in the morning until 7:00 pm without eating last week as I attempted bottle boot camp again.
Me: (Trying to put the bottle in her mouth)  Eleanor, you just need to take this one ounce from the bottle and then you can eat from mommy again.
Eleanor:  WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Me:  Ok, ok.  You don't have to take it.  We'll just wait until you're really hungry.
Eleanor:  (as the bottle is being put away...)  Coo, coo, coo.  (All smiles too).

Repeat this scene multiple times during the day until I cave at 7 pm and just nurse the stubborn baby.  Mark says the score is Eleanor 5, Mommy 0.  Eleanor has won the war.


We've also had several conversations about work...
As daddy is leaving for work one morning:
Adde:  Daddy is going to Boston Scientific to make money.

And while reading about Adam and Eve in the garden:
Me:  God had jobs for Adam to do in the garden.  What kind of jobs do you think Adam did?
Adde:  Work at Boston Scientific.


And lastly to wrap up this random blog, we finally were able to return to BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) after a month off.  Adde was really excited to go.  Eleanor was really grouchy from her shots yesterday and her teachers came to get me after having her for 30 minutes.  I was bummed as things weren't going "my way".  But when I tucked Adde in for nap time today, I was in my room with the monitor on, and I just stopped what I was doing and laid down on the bed to listen to her.  She was repeatedly singing "Holy, Holy, Holy" to put herself to sleep.  I cried in thankfulness for a great morning.

No comments: