Mark and I decided to buy each other a new camera for Christmas this year. We opened it a little early and have been playing with it. Just last night Mark taught me how to do the basics, so I had fun playing today. What you see below is a combination of both of our attempts to use the new camera. Hopefully the pictures will get better with time, but so far we both enjoy it (Mark probably more so than me right now, but I'm guessing that will change.). We even thought about taking a basic photography class so we know how to use it.
I'm trying to remember what new developments have happened since the last time I blogged. The biggest one is that Addelynn now has a new cousin Zane Noah, who is almost as big as she is. When I heard that he came out at 9 lbs. 6 oz., I decided to weigh Addelynn, and the scale said 11 lbs. for her. I haven't yet measured her to see how their lengths will compare, but I'm guessing Addelynn will not look that much bigger.
Addelynn rolled over for the first time last Friday, but I am guessing that the rolling was accidental. I put her in tummy time and her right arm was wedged under her body. She hates tummy time, so she was fussing to get out of it and all of a sudden she was on her side and then back. I put her back on her tummy to see if she would do it again, but she screamed so loudly I decided to flip her over myself.
I also put Addelynn in the nursery for the first time this weekend. It was actually really nice to have a little break and not have to worry about keeping a baby quiet during church (actually it was during her class for baby dedication). However, she was crying when I came to pick her up and I must admit that was a little hard for mommy. But she knows that teaching Addelynn to trust other adults is a good thing.
As you see from the pictures, Addelynn has recently begun to suck on her fist. I think she finds this a suitable replacement for the nuk, and she doesn't have to wait for mom or dad to insert it. It doesn't always do the trick, but sometimes it will keep her just as content as the nuk.
I see that several of you have placed your votes for her name, but we're still waiting for a few more. And don't feel like you all have to vote with the majority!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment