Saturday, June 20, 2009

Grandma's Handiwork

Barb brought out a foam chair with an "interesting" cover that she was planning on replacing. We went shopping for fabric and grandma cut apart the old cover to serve as a pattern. I have no idea how grandma did it (it seemed like there were so many odd shaped pieces and how did they all connect?), but Adde now has an adorable chair to match her room. Sooner than we know it she will be able to put herself in the chair to read.
Speaking of sitting, when I went in to get Adde after her second nap, she was sitting up in the crib. Apparently she can do this skill, although I have not yet seen her do it. She did it one more time that afternoon, but I was resting my eyes and did not see it that time either.

What else is she doing that's new? She's eating fruit and vegetable pieces as finger food now instead of just puffs. She starting raising her right hand up in the air like she has a question all the time. She also realized the other day that she could make her ear touch her shoulder, so she was constantly moving her head sideways to touch her shoulder. I think she learned this skill from watching me attempt to talk on the phone while taking care of her. And she now cries when I leave the room...fabulous!

Playing in the kitchen in my cute outfit from Aunt Brenda

Did I eat too much today?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks like you guys are having fun... the chair is cute and she is such a big girl now! can't wait to see you... and her tummy is so funny in that picture!!
Kim

Jen said...

that is some belly! too cute