Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Getting stronger

We're amazed at how much stronger Addelynn is getting. She now can hold her head up when being burped. Unfortunately she also uses that head to head-butt us at times. She can now grab our necks too and has a pretty good grasp.

It's now been three days that I have survived on my own. I make it my goal to get my shower in by 3 pm. It seems like the morning is filled with napping, feeding, and getting Addelynn ready for the day. Today she did sleep for a while this afternoon so I could get a few things done. Tomorrow though I will have company again as Grandpa and Grandma Rohrer and Aunt Kimmy are on their way out to visit.

Mark is doing great as a daddy. Taking care of Addelynn is becoming his second nature. Addelynn woke up in the middle of the night to eat and was screaming a bit louder than normal. Mark, still asleep, started "ssshhhing" her repeatedly. I asked him about it in the morning and he had no idea he did that in his sleep. Tonight I had my honey-do list for Mark, the first of which was vacuuming. Yet Addelynn did not want to be put down. So Mark began his debut as Mr. Mom tonight. I think he looks pretty good. Addelynn is starting to fit a little better in the carrier as well. This Friday we will know for sure how much she weighs as she has another doctor appointment.

No comments: