Saturday, October 4, 2008

Oh the changes in a week

Sorry, but we are starting to fall behind with the blogging as we knew we would not be able to keep up with the every day posting schedule. Mark has taken on a big garage project during his time off which means his blogging time has been cut short. Here are some pictures of his project that all stemmed from the fact that he "won" several pieces of furniture from the silent auction at work. I think he bid on about bunch items, but luckily he only was the top bidder on three pieces. These three pieces needed some work to fit out needs in the garage, so Mark has been cutting them in half, disassembling, and reassembling them. In the end it will be fabulous as our garage has been out of control with clutter. This project has also included several long trips to Menards (today I think around 2 hours), and I am realizing more and more that he is turning in to his father (that's not a bad thing John, right?)! The two white pieces at one time were one, and that has been the most time consuming part.While most of Mark's breaks come from trips to the hardware store, my break today came from going to a HUGE garage sale hosted by a mom's group at a church. I went with my friend Liz, spent $11, and thoroughly enjoyed my time out. Apparently this garage sale is well known as there was a long line of people from the church door to the parking lot just waiting to get in. Many of these women in line (and I do think it was all women) were carrying laundry baskets or rubbermaid totes for their goods. And was Addelynn "bad" for daddy while I was gone? Of course not. She slept the entire time. I guess that's a good thing or Mark might not be offering any more breaks!

As for Addelynn, it is so hard to believe
that she is a week old already. Tonight I took a picture of her in the outfit we brought her home from the hospital in last Sunday. She fills it out just a little bit more. But hey, she received her love to eat honestly from both parents. Other than eating and sleeping, she enjoys spending time in the bouncy seat and taking stroller rides. Yesterday we did the long loop and I was dead tired at the end. (Mind you this used to be the loop I could run around no problem, and now I get tired walking.) One funny story from our walk was an older gentleman who was out getting his mail when we walked by. He first said that we had a good looking dog. Then he proceeded to say to Mark that he had a good looking wife too. I wasn't quite sure how to respond to this "flirting". If nothing else, it made me feel good that a 70 year old man thought I looked good just a week after having a baby. Titus tags along with us for these walks, but hasn't yet figured out that he is supposed to stay in heel beside us and not with the front of the stroller. He is just looking for some excuse to charge ahead a little bit more and figures he can use the stroller as his "excuse".

All in all, we both agree that this first week has been much easier than expected. I am almost afraid to type this in fear of jinxing ourselves, but the first week of parenthood has been incredible. I now understand how quickly that bond forms between parent and child. I am entirely smitten by this 7 pound (she has to have hit that mark by now) little being that has stolen my heart. I think what touches me the most is after a feeding when I am burping at her and she just looks up at me with this goofy little face of satisfaction from the feeding, but annoyance as she experiences a repositioning. Hopefully soon you will be able to experience the joys of Addelynn in person instead of from a posting on the internet. I think you'll agree she's a keeper.

No comments: